ABOUT JOSEPH HARRISON
2018 world standings place: 7th
2018 Wrangler NFR standings place: 8th
2018 Wrangler NFR earnings: $56,931
2018 earnings: $161,477
Education: Roff (Okla.) High School; Northeast Texas Community College (Mount Pleasant, Texas)
2018 Highlights- Partner Chad Masters
• Finished seventh in the world standings with $161,477. Placed 8th in the average at the Wrangler NFR, earning $56,931. Placed in three rounds
• Won Cheyenne (Wyo.) Frontier Days
• Co-champion at the Coleman (Texas) PRCA Rodeo
• Co-champion the Flint Hills Rodeo (Strong City, Kan.)
• 2017: (Partner Charly Crawford) Finished 9th in the world standings with $160,793. Placed 5th at Wrangler NFR with $82,346. Placed in four rounds. Won the Oakley (Utah) Independence Days Rodeo, the St. Paul (Ore.) Rodeo and the Corn Palace Stampede Rodeo (Mitchell, S.D.). Co-champion at the High Desert Stampede (Redmond, Ore.) and the Guymon (Okla.) Pioneer Days Rodeo. Won the Bennington (Kan.) PRCA Rodeo, with Trevor Brazile
• 2016: Finished 277th in the world standings with $2,370. Won the Tulsa (Okla.) State Fair PRCA Rodeo, with Mike Bacon.
• 2015: Won the Woodward (Okla.) Elks Rodeo, with Mike Bacon. Finished 123rd in the world standings with $8,392.
• 2014: (Partner Mike Bacon) Won the Chisholm Trail Stampede (Duncan, Okla.); the Elk City (Okla.) Rodeo of Champions; and the Mobetta Stampede (Apache, Okla.) Finished 98th in the world standings with $9,499.
• 2013: Finished 102nd in the world standings with $9,028.
• 2012: Won the 101 Wild West Rodeo (Ponca City, Okla.), with Mike Bacon. Finished 255th in the world standings with $2,465.
• Won the Southern Region of college rodeo and competed at the College National Finals Rodeo in 2007 and 2008.
5-11, 200 … Wife, Jodi; parents Cliff Harrison and Jackie Frost; half-brothers are Max and Rory … Nickname is Joey … Started competing in rodeo because his entire family ropes and he won his first buckle in 2000 … Graduated from Roff (Okla.) High School in 2006 with a class of 29 students … Earned his associate’s degree in ag science from Northeast Texas Community College (Mount Pleasant, Texas) … Trains horses for a living when not competing in rodeo … Does most of his traveling with his wife, who helps him along the road … Competes on a 13-year-old American Quarter Horse named Main Street Boon, whom he’s had since about 2013, and he says is easy to win on and doesn’t mess up … Describes his roping style as faster than most ropers since he “tends to throw faster” … Guymon (Okla.) Pioneer Days Rodeo is his favorite because “there are fresh steers, the start is fairly long and it’s a cool rodeo” … Says the World’s Oldest Rodeo in Prescott, Ariz., is the hardest rodeo because the header and the heeler start in the heeling box and “it’s hard to read when you can go” … Rodeo superstitions include never wearing yellow nor putting his hat on the bed … Enjoys bass fishing and hanging out with his family … Looks up to Clay O’Brien Cooper … Favorite food is steak … Favorite book is “Of Mice and Men” … Favorite movie is “Lonesome Dove” … Favorite musician is George Strait … Likes to go to the arcade and go bowling while traveling to rodeos